Wednesday, 12 August 2020

Read & Write EDC16C35 with kess, ktag, mpps, Galletto clone etc

EDC16C35 ECU reading and writing tools review:  kess, ktag, mpps, Galletto clone etc.


Review 1. Kess v2 5.017 with red pcb

1). Read E60 530d EDC16CP35 with Kess v2 5.017 

Choose by Kline ==> Setup ==> Pull Up ==> 225ohm

takes longer to R/W but does it


2). Read/write Bosch EDC16C35 with kess v2 5.017 clone no problem.


3) Some of the clones works perfect some don't work don't know I got friend he bought kessv2 clone red and its not r/w some ecu he got problems

in my opinion kess 4.03 is best I never got problem with red 5.017 I got on some cars.


4) In bmw cars always good power supply to battery 13.5-14v and never problem to this cars 

edc16c31,c35 and cp35 all going good over obd and with kess or mpps.


today I tried it out, connect a good Battery Charger my Battery was at 13.1V and first Full read with Kess and than Write with kess.


Read 34 Minutes


Write 5-7 Minutes


Usw K-Line on E92 335D and in Options you have tu usw 225 OHM write speed.


Review 2. ktag via BDM

For EDC16C31 and EDC16CP35 I would done backup via ktag first.

you also can write with ktag via bdm... works fine at both.


Review3. with MPPS

- I Read/write Bosch EDC16C35 by MPPS and read/write by kess always no problem ... checksum correction OK.


- My car is BMW e60 530xd with same ecu as yours, and read it with mpps v16. Never write it yet. 

I think the kess is much better from mpps and you may not have a problem with it.


Review 4. Galletto clone works very good with this ecu via obd.


Credits to all users from DK / MHH forums. 


ECU programmers collection: 

https://www.obd2shop.co.uk/wholesale/ecu-chip-tunning/


No comments:

Post a Comment

FlexAdds Mercedes Truck CPC5 Support After 2020with Korhex

New CPC5 coverage for Mercedes Trucks after 2020. Flex Version 8.18.0.0 adds support for Mercedes Truck Bosch CPC5 control units installed ...